Irish Eyes

This is my journal. This is where I put my feelings about things I see, hear and think about. Even though it's a journal, I ask anyone who stops that would like to comment on anything to feel free to do so. Thanks for stopping.

10.20.2005

For my Grandpa, I love and miss you.

A tribute to my grandpa, whom I recently lost. One of the greatest men I ever knew. Enjoy. (Please also note that all my poetry on this blog have a copyright. If you like any of them and wish to save them or copy them to somewhere please note the author and copyright thank you)


Just One More Day

I wish it didn't have to be now,
I wish it could get better somehow.
I wish there was another way,
I wish I could get just one more day.
One more day to see you smile,
One more day to talk for awhile.
One more minute to hear you laugh,
Just one more minute and a half.
I wish I could take it all away,
and give you just one more day.
I wish you were here today,
to tell me everything will be okay.
I wish you didn't have to go,
so I had time to let you know
- the things I wanted to say long ago.
You are the greatest man I ever knew,
and the best grandpa too.
You are more than just a grandpa to me,
you were my hero that gave me safety.
You knew how to make me smile,
in your own special style.
Thank you for always accepting me,
and never looking down on me.
Thank you for all the fun times we shared,
it was those times I know you cared.
Of all the things I'm grateful for,
it's knowing you won't suffer anymore.
I love you and thank you for being my grandpa.
-Those are the things I'd say,
If God would give me, just one more day.

In loving memory of the greatest man I knew,
Gordon L
My hero and my grandpa.

Copyright Oct 2005

Kevin L


2 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Kelvin said…

    Kia Ora (Hello) That is a "great tribute" !!! I enjoyed reading it and your blog. Blog on....

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger WI Catholic said…

    I am glad that this tribute to Grandpa was the first poem of yours that you chose to put on your new blog!

    And glad to see the Family Crest, Irish colors, etc here!

    Love ya!
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home