Irish Eyes

This is my journal. This is where I put my feelings about things I see, hear and think about. Even though it's a journal, I ask anyone who stops that would like to comment on anything to feel free to do so. Thanks for stopping.

11.08.2007

Until Tears Fall Down My Face Again

"Until Tears Fall Down My Face Again"

You were here for a brief moment, then taken away,
like when the light of a dying candle goes astray.
Yet I can still feel you in the dark of night,
when all is sleeping, tucked in tight.
Those are the times when nothing comforts me,
but the tears that stream down my face no one sees.
How many nights must I lay here and weep,
in silence, yearning for slumbers' quiet reap.
The darkness is a reminder of the hollowness I feel,
in my soul and heart, the empty void surely is real.
At times I pray to be whisked away fast asleep,
to escape the past memories that cautionsly creep.
This is the only time I can be with you now,
when the memories turned to dreams allow.
Oh how I wish I could stay with you forever,
in this welcomed lull of sleeps' endeavor.
But as dawns' light breaks,
it is you that it takes.
And the inconsolable feeling returns then,
until tears fall down my face again.


Copyright November 7, 2007
Kevin Lynch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home